Took the kids trick or treating tonight in Crescent City. They had a wonderful time. At first we took them to Dominos for pizza. A must to begin, as they would feast on the candy without the pizza.
We parked at a dear friends house and walked and walked and walked and walked! (talk about the age thing!) WHEW! I was very surprized that the candy was very slim this year. Hardly anyone was handing it out here! Usually they get a big bag full. This year they barely got a handful... Although that is music to their Dentists ears! I really did not beleive the economy would have an effect on the kids Halloween this year...But, it did!
Must admit I regret not getting pumpkins for the kids this year, but as a parent of 3at home, I had a problem spending eight bucks for a soccerball size pumpkin to carve, disect, burn and dispose of! Thanks to the high cost of gas in the past! (Thank god it is coming down!) What could I do? The funny thing is, the kids have not even asked about them this year. Caylee would have ate it anyway. She is definately NOT a Mikey!!! Hehehehehe!
We had some old time friends dress up and go with us this year from Sanford, Florida. They moved up here near us a couple of months ago. Austin wore a scarey mask and Hunter was Tony Stewart. Cory was the glow-in-the-dark skeleton. Callan decided that he would be "the Iron Man". The boys wanted Caylee to be a Princess, but I could not find a costume that would fit her. So we compromised and got a "Fairy" Costume. Then I bought the head piece and make-up to make her into a "Fairy Princess". She was so cute. She loved the trick or Treating part. She didn't want to give her candy bag to know one though. Nope! give me the candy, but you ain't gett'in my bag! It was so funny!











No comments:
Post a Comment