The most important part, of this day, was that this is the anniversary date of the first time we flew to Guatemala and met our forever daughter and her foster family. This was one of the best days of my life, that I will always cherish. We waited and waited at the Casa Grande for her to come. I paced the floor dramatically. Called the adoption agency, thinking something was wrong. I was assured that all was well. I was so nervous and excited at the same time. Then I walked into the lobby and there she was...I knew it was her for the birth mark on her nose between her eyes and I just bawled!! She was just so adorable all I could do was cry. Mrs. Karina handed her to me. I get tears just remembering. I would not put her down...we had an instant bond. The bond was so grand, that she cried the night the foster mom came to take her for us to come home. She wanted to be in my arms. The foster mom said she cried all the way home.
Now she is home forever, as of March 7, 2008. That's another anniversary date for us to remember. She is growing bigger and bigger every day and is very healthy. She is the light in our family and we still have that very special bond between us.









What a special anniversary!!! The adoption announcemet is too cute!
ReplyDelete