The next day I looked at the bite and it was getting bigger, like it was getting infected. It was round, red, swollen in the center about the size of a marble behind her ear...
Yesterday morning I woke up to something that looked as if it had doubled in size. Soft in the middle and hard around the edges. My first thought was a spider bite...OH MY GOSH! Her ear is gonna rot off!!!.....
Talked to a doctor at the baseball field that night. He eased my nerves and told me "that is NOT a insect bite!" Ok, then what is it? He said, "it looked to be a cyst or a staff infection, like MERSA. OH CRAP!! Here we go!! Which is worse? I just heard of someone dying because that stuff! He told me it needed to be lanced immediately, and that Me & my husband could do it or bring her to his office and he would do it. Well, here we go again. Get home, fall to sleep waiting on husband to put Cory to bed.
This morning I wake up to this thing that was just horriffic! Took her to the Emergency room. The doctor said it had to be lanced immediately. (Should have went 3 days ago) Put Caylee into a Papoose looking contraption, (a pillow case and then wrapped a sheet around her) which of course was terror in it's self! She went to inter some numbing medication and.... was awlful. Got her swab to send to lab, then started to lance it. YUCKY!!! Poor thing...how she never cried in pain all week long, I have no clue! The doctor packed the incision with guaze. The nastiest thing you would ever want to see. God please help me! I have seen more blood and yucky stuff this month from one child that I have never see in 21 year from the other three. WILL IT EVER END?
Doctor isn't sure what it is. On the way home I was thinking. Man, you know that is on the same side of the head as the Boo-Boo when the dresser fell on her. Hummmmm? I wonder if that had anything to do with the abcess Behind her ear? Maybe I should have taken her to the doctor when that happened? That is all healed up though and looks very good. The scar looks like it will disappear completely. Man, Now I have suspitions. I hope she didn't get this thing because of that dresser?!
She has to go back to the emergency room on Tuesday this week. They are gonna redress her head. She told me not to wet her head because this type of infection is super contagious and do not remove the bandage under no circumstances...Oh CRAP...the darn fell off a while ago! Now what have I done? She really stressed to me, "not to remove the bandage". GUESS WHAT? I had to put on a new one! It never fails!









Oh Kathy, I am so sorry for you and Caylee! What an ordeal!!!! Is Caylee on antibiotics? Hope that everything turns out just fine.
ReplyDeleteI did see an abscess incised and drained once. It was "cool" and "disgusting" at the same time. This is coming from the person who loves to pop pimples.
If you need anything, just let me know.
I am with Ana, I think it is very cool and I am always up Isaac's nose fishing.
ReplyDeleteAnyway hope Caylee is doing ok and she needs to be on some antibiotics. Did you take her to her doctor to have them keep up with it?
Just hang in there and post some of some pics of her in frilly stuff. all I get to buy is plain ole boy stuff but it is kinda cute at least some of it.