Thursday, October 9, 2008

First Dental Visit!!

And she absolutely hated it!! Liked nothing about somebody strange TRYING to get into her mouth. I was so sad for her. But, thank god that she has no cavities!! Her two front teeth came in with these spots that looked as if they were cavities. Dr. Gary says "nope", they are like a defect on the tooth! YES, YES, YES!! He put something on them to coat them. And said that the two teeth are prone to getting cavities, but nothing now!

Callan on the other hand has two spots that need to be watched closely. No more half !@#$ brushing. Now he needs to get on the ball!

Cory, well he is a totally different story...He goes back in six months for his braces evaluation. Then about in May sometime they will start putting the wires across the top of his mouth to stetch it wider. OUCH! He's already asking about pain, but I just say, "no, it shouldn't hurt at all"! He is my lucky child that will have the two-phase thing going on. Doc says he needs to start now. His mouth is horrible. They have already pulled two of his teeth to give the others room to come in. He says no more pulling. We need to get the wires in and then pull more later as it might still be needed. This is something that I am not looking forward to. Lots of money!!! Well needed cause I guess.....

1 comment:

  1. Augh.... the dentist. I still hate going. Fortunately, no cavities (I'm one of those lucky people). But did spend a lot of time on the orthodontist charge. I had the UGLY braces with the wires across them, spacer etc. I had great teeth that just came in really HORRIBLY!! I can sympathize with your son.

    Maybe Advil before the procedure will help prevent it from really hurting -- it really does hurt A LOT. And then your lips get all chapped.

    But before he knows it, he'll have that million dollar smile (hopefully won't cost you that much). And all the girls will be goo goo for those pearly whites.

    ReplyDelete