Yep, as of Monday September 22, 2008. A baby boy weighing in at 6 pounds 8 ozs. 19 1/4 inches long. Named him John David Woodard. He is in New York with his family. Although I haven't seen him yet, I am very proud! It's exciting news!! Considering all the bad times our older children have placed on us! Dave has a girl and a boy and I have just the boy from our previous marriages. I guess in all reality, children do not realize how tough life really is until they actually experience it themselves. No better way to learn, then to have you own children! I am waiting to get my hands on some pictures of the baby. When I do, I will gladly post them. This grandchild is mine from my first marriage, my son Chad Woodard. He will be 21 in October. He hasn't spoke to me since, well, it will be 3 years in April. I am in hopes of him getting his life together and living it to the fullest. He did join the Navy, but who knows? I do know that anytime there is a divorce or death in ones family, it hard for the children involved to grasp a hold of what is going on. They blame this and that, call names, make trouble and really have no perception of what the truth really is, in order to cope with the situation. It would be a great thing if they would stop to think of themselves and how to better their lives instead of trying to cause corruption in someone elses in order to deal with the problem. All in all, I guess they are children. Children have a lot to learn. Although they claim themselves to be grown, they have no idea what lies beneath until it pops up and slaps them across the face!
Congratulations on your grandbaby!
ReplyDeleteSorry to hear about the hardtime in your relationship with your son. Hopefully being a dad will give him a new perspective and that this baby will bring healing to your family!
Big hug Granny!!!
PS -- LOVE THE BLOG!!!!!