Saturday, September 20, 2008

Frantic Friday

Yesterday was horrible! Caylee was playing in her room, pulled out the dresser drawer, the next thing I seen was a dresser on top of her! Screaming, with lots of blood. Dresser drawer corner planted into the side of her forehead. Although my body was shaking tremendously, I threw the dresser off of her, got her, applied pressure to the wound. After a few minutes the bleeding stopped! After Caylee being my 4th child, this was the absolute worst yet!
Lesson learned...Never leave an empty dresser in a childs room! Please bolt it, or strap it to the wall! I am trying to hang in there but things were very gruesome! When I close my eyes this is all I see. Caylee is ok!! THANK YOU LORD AGAIN!! We definately do have angels watching over us!!

2 comments:

  1. OMG! Kathy, I am relieved that Caylee is okay. I can only imagine your panic and fear. Thank God!!!!!! That she is okay. Way too scary!

    I am going to have my stuff bolted to the walls -- I have the straps but have been "lazy". I better get unlazy. And Alberto loves opening drawers!

    I will say that your experience as a mom is evident -- you are a good mom. I would have probably thrown off the dresser and then freaked out.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh Kathy I am so glad caylee is ok. I would have freaked!!!!

    ReplyDelete