Wednesday, December 17, 2008

Blog Blues?

Nope! Been busy christmas shopping and stuff! Dave has been pulling 16 hours every day at work. Two shifts, back to back, for it seems like weeks now. I get the boys from the bus, then rush to the railroad to take him something to eat and allow the kids to see dad for a while then it's back home to shower and spank them all before they go to bed. He's on vacation next week..."Thank You Jesus"!

Took Caylee to the doctors office today. She had her 18 month shots. She absolutely can't stand to be in tight places around people in uniform! She screams her head off till all people are out of sight! She was screaming so loudly that she didn't even know she got shots! Never even flinched! Bless her heart. It just broke mine, to see her in that mode! That was so hard! But we are very thankful that the shots are now done and over with until she turns 4 and starts Pre-K.

Good report is..weighing in at 24.3 pounds!!!!She has went from being in the "Under 5th percentile" to the "50th percentile" on the growth chart! Her doctor is very pleased with this. She swears , each time I come in there, that Caylee was "starved" while in Guatemala. I don't really believe her comments because I know her foster mom. She fed her well and took very good care of her to my knowledge! I try to tell her that Caylee just loves to eat! Always has to have food of some sort in her mouth(especially candy). I am sure in Guatemala the foster mom could not afford the extra snacks, as she tended to her own 3 children as well. She had lactose troubles from being so premature. Along with other problems associated with being so early born. All troubles seem to have subsided and she grows, eats, etc... as a normal baby would do now.

Caylee has her first cold since she came home to us in March. When we brought her home she was very congested. Had to have a Nebulizer to get clear. Now, well , it is sad to watch her stuffy, runny nose and she is coughing like crazy. Doc says not to worry...she don't have any infection. Winter woes I guess! Thank god for "Vicks"!

Good 'ole digital camera! If it weren't for this I would not get any Christmas Pictures at all. Caylee won't go in anywhere to get it taken professionally. We went through dressing her all up a few times only to be left to see her beautiful tears! So, with that said, Here she is...watching her "Sesame Street" and not caring if I'm trying to get a picture or not! She's looking a bit droopy here, but don't forget those "Winter Woes"!

And then, here is a forgotten photo left over from Thanksgiving. All the kids enjoy the 4 wheeler. No matter whose kids are here!!

Then, there is this picture. Caylee was so happy to get her picture taken with Callan, but he was sore from her pouncing on him. He was giving her the cold shoulder. She was very proud of all the pain she had inflicted apon her brother!

1 comment:

  1. Kathy I just love your blog, its all so festive. Glad to see Kaylee is growing so well and I bet she is a handful just like Isaac. My brothers also work at the RR here in Erwin, Tn. Are you around jacksonville? My dad's whole family are RR men. Hope you all have a very Merry Christmas. We are so looking forward to our first Christmas with Isaac

    ReplyDelete